The Betty Golde Smith Library
David Bachman, Librarian
LIBRARY SERVICES 24/7: LINK TO ONLINE CATALOG
To search the Library’s entire catalog of books and journals, 24/7, click Library Catalog HERE
LIBRARY HOURS AND LOCATION
The Library is open to the general public. It is located in the St. Louis Psychoanalytic Institute at 8820 Ladue Road, 3rd Floor, St. Louis, MO 63124. The Library is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., with Librarian on duty Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. We invite all to drop in and take advantage of this wonderful community resource.
For more information call 314-361-7075, x 324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An integral part of every program at the Institute and at the heart of its community, the Betty Golde Smith Library provides a collaborative and welcoming space for faculty, candidates, students and all interested members of the surrounding academic, professional and lay communities to conduct formal research and congregate for informal discussions.
- Library services include computerized searching of the in-house collection as well as rapid indexing for the major psychoanalytic journals.
- Donors of the Institute have access to additional services including checking out materials, reference assistance, notification of new journal articles, and networking with 45 area medical libraries as well as the National Library of Medicine for prompt interlibrary loans.
The Library has in its current holdings:
♦ 4,500 Books ♦ 35 Journal Subscriptions ♦ 20 CDs of Lectures
♦ Lectures on Audio Cassette including Celluloid Couch presentations: CelluloidCouchTapeList Note: Many Celluloid Couch presentations and lectures are also available online to listen to or to watch: Listen HERE and Watch HERE
The Library’s holdings include the core psychoanalytic journals and many other titles, such as:
- Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry
- Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic
- International Journal of Psychoanalysis
- Canadian Journal of Psychoanalysis
- Psychoanalytic Review
- Israel Journal of Psychiatry and Related Science
To access the journal literature through PEP, the database of psychoanalytic journals, click on this link to the PEP search engine: www.pep-web.org For a listing of Current Library Journal articles that may be of interest, click HERE.
When you visit the Betty Golde Smith Memorial Library you are welcome to use the following links to access full text current journal articles:
The Betty Golde Smith Library was established in 1957 and is one of the top psychoanalytic libraries in the country and is the only up-to-date resource for psychoanalytic materials in St. Louis.
The Betty Golde Smith Library is part of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) coordinated by the National Library of Medicine. It is one of the 400 member medical libraries of the MidContinental Region of the network that includes Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming.
The NN/LM is a network of health science libraries and information centers throughout the United States. The NN/LM provides health care professionals and the public equal access to health care information resources.