A variety of Institute courses, lectures and seminars are available for attendance via distance learning. This is participation in the live class, via audio/video conferencing.
If you are interested in distance learning for Analytic Training and Child and Adolescent/Adult Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (CA/APP) programs, please check the appropriate box when filling out the application.
For Continuing Education/Community Education Lectures and Seminars, the distance learning check box will appear for each class that offers this option; simply click YES in the distance learning box when registering.
Distance learning spaces for each class are limited. Acceptance will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To participate in Institute classes via distance learning, the student/registrant must…
- Live/work 90 miles or more from the Institute (7700 Clayton Rd, Ste 200, St. Louis MO 63117)
- Agree to participate in a training/test of the Zoom system prior to the class
- Use a hard-wired Internet connection and a headset with a microphone. If your computer does not have an integrated camera, a webcam is needed.
- Meet the following system requirements for using Zoom:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality (Zoom version 3.6)
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
Supported Tablet and Mobile Devices
- Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1
- Surface PRO 3 running Win 10
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome
If the Zoom video connection is lost during a class, the student/participant has the option of switching to audio-only (telephone) mode. No refunds will be issued for lost connections.
Attention Social Workers:
Please check with your state governing body to insure that distance learning credits from outside of your state are accepted.