The Practicum is open to students seeking concentration practicum experience. Foundation-level students will be considered on a case by case basis.
9 months, flexible beginning and end dates
Tuesday, Thursday or Friday workdays (negotiated upon acceptance)
Occasional evening or weekend work
To develop, implement, find funding for and evaluate a social media-driven campaign to extend our reach into the mental health world and gain greater awareness in the community at large. The successful candidate will become part of a small hands-on, integrated administration team, gaining experience in all parts of the management operation.
Experiences will include:
- Donor prospect research; grant writing
- Project implementation: evaluation
- Volunteer recruitment; management
Practicum students will participate in:
- Weekly individual supervision with a member of the faculty
- Bi-weekly administrative supervision
- Monthly board or executive committee meetings
- Quarterly development executive committee meetings
- Quarterly cultivation & stewardship committee meetings
Applicants are asked to submit their resume, cover letter, one reference, and list of all practicum requirements expected by their practicum program to Margo Smith, Director of Recruitment and Alumni Affairs, 8820 Ladue Road, 3rd Floor, St. Louis, MO. 63124. Students are accepted on a rolling basis.
Questions? Call Margo Smith, Director of Recruitment and Alumni Affairs at (314) 361-7075 x 319
Button to PRACTICUM INTEREST FORM