Non-profit Management Practicum Program
The Practicum is open to students seeking concentration practicum experience. Foundation-level students will be considered on a case by case basis.
Time Frame: 9 months, flexible beginning and end dates
Tuesday, Thursday or Friday workdays (negotiated upon acceptance)
Occasional evening or weekend work
Project: To develop, implement, find funding for and evaluate a social media-driven campaign to extend our reach into the mental health world and gain greater awareness in the community at large. The successful candidate will become part of a small hands-on, integrated administration team, gaining experience in all parts of the management operation.
Experiences will include:
- Donor prospect research; grant writing
- Project implementation: evaluation
- Volunteer recruitment; management
Practicum students will participate in:
- Weekly individual supervision with a member of the faculty
- Bi-weekly administrative supervision
- Monthly board or executive committee meetings
- Quarterly development executive committee meetings
- Quarterly cultivation & stewardship committee meetings
Applicants are asked to submit their resume, cover letter, one reference, and list of all practicum requirements expected by their practicum program to Bobbie Land, Programs & Services Coordinator, 8820 Ladue Road, 3rd Floor, St. Louis, MO. 63124. Students are accepted on a rolling basis.
Questions? Call Cathy Krane, Executive Director at (314) 446-3043