CHILD DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE:
“From the Body to the Mind: What Sometimes Goes Wrong in Development and Some Thoughts About What Can Help”
Speaker: Molly Witten, PhD
This one-day workshop will cover three major thrusts of growth that come together to create the mind of a person and support an individual’s growth in relationships— 1) development 2), coping, and 3) becoming a citizen. We will also cover some of the ways that our developmental processes can go awry. We will also discuss opportunities to respond to derailed developmental processes; opportunities that can offer individuals support and help them thrive.
Date: February 21, 2022 / Time: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. / Number of Credits: 6 / Price: $75 / Location: TBD / Level: Community / Audience: Early Childhood Educators and Social Workers, Mental Health Professionals
1. The participants will be able to name three sources of development that contribute to the processes of the growth of a mind.
2. The participants will be able to describe the nine neurologically based affect systems of the brain
3. The participants will list at least four seminal psychoanalytic theories that inform our understanding of development of mind over a lifetime
4. The participants will name a newly recognized affect system that speaks to competition and participation in social engagement
5. The participants will name the three body systems that can signal derailed development
6. The participants will be able to list the six capacities of early emotional development
7. The participants will list three psychoanalytically informed treatment orientations that can support renewed development
8. The participants will list three strategies that they can see themselves using in their own work.
For more information, contact us at 314-361-7075 x 361 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations will be accepted up to one week prior to the first session. Make check payable and send to: St. Louis Psychoanalytic Institute, 7700 Clayton Rd, Ste 200, St. Louis, MO 63112,
Early Childhood Educators: This course has been approved for clock hours by the Missouri Professional Development Registry. To receive these clock hours, you must include your MOPD ID number when
Date: Presidents’ Day. February 21, 2022
Time: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Number of Credits: 6
Audience: Early Childhood Educators and Social Workers, Mental Health Professionals