2021 Faculty & Candidate Retreat: Building Trust, Community and Common Goals
Saturday, November 20, 2021, 9 AM – 3:30 PM
$50 for Faculty and Candidates
5.5 CE Credits
1. Grady, J., Grady, V. (2011), Organisational Mistrust: Exploring the Issues, Pondering Its Fate, Organisational & Social Dynamics 11(1) 41-58.
2. Diamond, M. (2014), Metaphoric Processes and Organisational Change: A Contemporary Psychoanalytic Perspective, Organisational & Social Dynamics 14(1) 104–129.
3. Ogden, T.H. (2008) Bion’s Four Perspectives of Mental Functioning. Fort Da 14:11-35 (emphasis on 11-18).
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to:
1. Identify common organizational challenges faced by psychoanalytic institutions.
2. Identify barriers to open communication in an organizational setting.
3. List characteristics of a cooperative community.
4. Articulate a collaborative planning process.
5. Generate a strategy for enhancing constructive collaboration within a psychoanalytic Institute.
Thank you to the Retreat Committee: Mike Brog, Cheryl Lawler, Mary Nielsen, Matt Shatzman, and Ed Sprunger
Agenda (Subject to Change)
9:00 AM Welcome and Introductions (Chery Lawler)
9:15 AM Common Challenges Faced by Institutes, Discussion and Questions (Bruce Rudisch and Jay Kwawer, guest discussants)
10:00 AM Break: Candidates adjourn for separate zoom meeting until 1:15 PM (Ed Sprunger and Matt Shatzman, moderators)
(Candidate agenda to follow)
10:15 AM Faculty Discussion: Challenges Faced by Our Institute (Bruce Rudisch and Jay Kwawer, guest moderators)
12:30 PM Lunch
1:15 PM (Candidates rejoin meeting)
Discussion about Merging the Institute and Society (Mike Brog and Mary Nielsen, moderators)
2:30 PM Discussion about Institute Membership Expansion (Mike Brog and Mary Nielsen, moderators)
3:30 PM Adjourn