A variety of Institute courses, lectures and seminars are available for attendance via distance learning. This is participation in the live class, via audio/video conferencing.
If you are interested in distance learning for Analytic Training and Advanced Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (APP) programs, please check the appropriate box when filling out the application.
For Continuing Education/Community Education Lectures and Seminars, the distance learning check box will appear for each class that offers this option; simply click YES in the distance learning box when registering.
Distance learning spaces for each class are limited. Acceptance will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To participate in Institute classes via distance learning, the student/registrant must…
- Live/work 90 miles or more from the Institute (8820 Ladue Road, St. Louis, MO 63124)
- Agree to participate in a training/test of the Zoom system prior to the class
- Use a hard-wired Internet connection and a headset with a microphone. If your computer does not have an integrated camera, a webcam is needed.
- Meet the following system requirements for using Zoom:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality (Zoom version 3.6)
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
Supported Tablet and Mobile Devices
- Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1
- Surface PRO 3 running Win 10
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome
If the Zoom video connection is lost during a class, the student/participant has the option of switching to audio-only (telephone) mode. No refunds will be issued for lost connections.
Attention Social Workers:
Please check with your state governing body to insure that distance learning credits from outside of your state are accepted.